Online Shopping - Rights?

Options
nat8882
nat8882 Posts: 15 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 9 May at 3:28PM in Consumer rights
 Hi everyone

I’m looking for advice. I purchased an item from a company called Luxxshapers. I paid online with RBS Mastercard debit card via Shop. 

The item has arrived but I want to return. The site says that returns must be agreed via their email and items sent without prior agreement will not be accepted.

They are not responding to emails. The landline number on the site isn’t correct. There is a mobile number but it rings out before a standard “giff gaff” voicemail message kicks in.

I made the purchase on 28 April and requested a return on 4 May when the items arrived.

Do I have any rights through my bank? Any other consumer options?
Feeling that I’ve been scammed and cannot afford to lose nearly £70. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would give them another week to respond to emails and then you could try a chargeback claim via your bank.  Failing that you could make a county court claim against the retailer - you have the sent emails as evidence.
  • screech_78
    screech_78 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They look like a US company, so any rights you have will depend on the state they trade from. You won’t have any chargeback rights and you won’t be able to take them to small claims. 
  • nat8882
    nat8882 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They look like a US company, so any rights you have will depend on the state they trade from. You won’t have any chargeback rights and you won’t be able to take them to small claims. 
    It looks like a US company but it is registered in the UK with companies house. Only incorporated in September so alarm bells are ringing loud!
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's a very odd website. The contact number is a UK mobile but the landline line is a US number. 
    The terms and conditions seem to be lifted from a different website (talk of flammable gases) and have placeholder text such as [LINK TO REFUND POLICY]. The page showing payment methods has US cards on it. The return address is a mail forwarding address in London.

• outtatune
    outtatune Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My hunch is it's been set up by Brits to dropship worthless tat off Temu for a hefty markup, and they just copied the site details from some other similar operation that happens to have US info.

One of the directors appears to have listed a residential address on their other company. Of course it could be a fraudulent entry and they may have no connection to that address, but if they've slipped up it could be a way for you to exert pressure on them to refund.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback