AA insurance renewal

Options
System
System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
This discussion was created from comments split from: Car insurance renewal - Too early to discuss?.

Comments

• mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I contacted the AA about the fact my renewal hadn’t come through (due 1st June) usually it came through on 27/28 April, yesterday they said “oh it’s been generated, you should have it in the next day or two”…email arrived this morning…

” We’re writing to let you know that your current insurer, ABC Insurance is no longer part of our panel of insurers.Your policy is due for renewal on 01/06/2024, and unfortunately due to underwriting criteria, we’ve been unable to find you cover for the next year with an alternative insurer. This means your policy will end on 00.01 on 01/06/2024 and you’ll no longer be insured by us.

You’ll then be entitled to 25 years no claims bonus, subject to no claims being made.”

I’ve no claims, no restrictions, no change in circumstances from last year, yet they can do nothing for me…wonderful lot!

No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Time to hit the comparison sites.

AA are just a broker, if non of the underwriters they use won't cover you, nothing they can do.

Might be down to what you drive, such as a Range Rover which many will no longer cover. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/361974/land-rover-insurance-problems-mount-owners-are-refused-house-cover
    Life in the slow lane
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback