IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ Set aside but now defence within 14 days

Options
Hi I’m new here, just writing as I’ve come out of my hearing and had my judgment set aside which the claimant UK Parking Control Limited agreed too but have asked for me to file a defence within 14 days, my questions are : 

- does this just take me back to my original county court claim, had I received it ? 
- if I do not win, do I get a new CCJ and have to pay fine ?
- can the claimant resolve this and retract asking for my defence ?
- there was poor visibility and the judge new this but still asked for me to put in my defence ? He didn’t give me much opportunity to talk, the claimant had agreed to set aside and for me to file a defence within 14 days - and in default of this the claimant has permission to request judgment ?
- I know the claimant are wrong, but I can’t help but feel like the judge will rule in there favour, I submitted evidence of poor visibility, 2 lights that carry the signage are completely out and have been for over a year, I’m just unsure why the judge didn’t cancel it altogether, he said he is confident I acted promptly upon discovering ( 6 days to be exact) The fact he’s not just threw the whole thing out, makes me feel worried and not taken seriously. 
- do I just pay the fine rather than defend ? To risk loosing and being served a judgment ?? Help please

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 May at 2:12PM
    Options
    It's not a fine and you won't get another CCJ.  The fault there was caused by the old address.

Why would you pay it (over £250?!!) when you will not get the same Judge next time and maybe won't even get a hearing, because UKPC will probably now discontinue?

- does this just take me back to my original county court claim, had I received it ? 
    YEP.  So now you can win.  But of course you are not dealing with the CNBC in Northampton any more so DON'T email your defence there!

No CCJ is risked.  And you will never be asked to pay the amount on the CCJ.  Even if you gad a hearing and lost you'd pay less.

No CCJ.

No fine is involved here.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Skillll
    Skillll Posts: 3 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @Coupon-mad thank you so much for your response, I also spoke with someone today and they told me I would only ever get a CCJ now, if I did lose and could not pay in full within the 30 days, and had to pay in instalments, so it’s no loss for me to file my defence either way, because I could pay in full if for whatever reason I didn’t win.

sorry I just thought about paying because going in court was my first time and it was nerve wracking, I hated the whole experience, obviously my biggest concern was getting my name off the registry, which I have done, I just thought to get rid of the stress just pay it, obviously it doesn’t sit right with me because of the injustice therefore I am defending myself, it was just a split second thought to have zero stress, hopefully they cancel it and don’t even take it to court.

Where do I email my defence then sorry ? 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 May at 7:43PM
    Options
    Skillll said:
    Where do I email my defence then sorry ? 
    To the court you are currently dealing with.

Find an email address here... Find a court or tribunal
  • Skillll
    Skillll Posts: 3 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @KeithP thank you, will take a look
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You have a deadline. Don't miss it!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback