🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cynergy Bank

Options
jenniejedi
jenniejedi Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 9 May at 11:32AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Opened an online easy access savings account with this bank yesterday. Received the user ID but then got locked out of my account as the 2 step authenticator did not work. So I called today and failed the security questions?! How is this even possible? I was asked several questions I was not asked in the application and explained that but was told to call back as their system was now locked out. I called back and got the same questions so failed again. I asked to speak to a  manager but was told i needed to pass security first?! Seriously? So I now have an account that I cannot access or deposit monies and can't speak to anyone who could possibly help me. What a joke. Anyone else had this problem?

(Thread title adjusted by Forum Team)

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,739 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Do Cynergy have any of your money?

If no then just forget them and walk away.

If yes then a rant to strangers on the internet may be cathartic but is unlikely to provide practical solutions other than to try again.
  • brucefan_2
    brucefan_2 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Opened an online easy access savings account with this bank yesterday. Received the user ID but then got locked out of my account as the 2 step authenticator did not work. So I called today and failed the security questions?! How is this even possible? I was asked several questions I was not asked in the application and explained that but was told to call back as their system was now locked out. I called back and got the same questions so failed again. I asked to speak to a  manager but was told i needed to pass security first?! Seriously? So I now have an account that I cannot access or deposit monies and can't speak to anyone who could possibly help me. What a joke. Anyone else had this problem?

(Thread title adjusted by Forum Team)
    Welcome to the wonderful and surreal world of Cynergy - I am afraid you are not alone in encountering the torture that is laughingly known as the Cynergy log-on process. 

I'm afraid it's cold comfort but there's little you can do other than persist. The one re-assurance is that it's unlikely to be anyhting you've done wrong.You will find other threads on here.

The few repondents to this thread are quite happy:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6511421/anybody-got-a-cynergy-savings-account-any-issues?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=cynergy

There is another thread, which I can't locate at the moment, where a number of people express their frustration at similar situations to yourself.

I'm afraid I personally can't advise you what to do. I ran out of stamina last week in my struggle with them and am building myself up for another go next week.
    £6000 in 2023
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A very annoying institution. 
    You need a separate cynergy app to authenticate, which is bad programming.

No other financial institution I use needs a bespoke app - most mature banks just have one app. Other slightly more flaky ones can use a standard authenticator app.

Anyway I did get setup and once it worked, it worked OK. 
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    robatwork said:

No other financial institution I use needs a bespoke app - most mature banks just have one app. Other slightly more flaky ones can use a standard authenticator app.

No need for any apps at all. Just get em to send a digipass device....works a treat.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aidanmc said:
    robatwork said:

No need for any apps at all. Just get em to send a digipass device....works a treat.
    Is that yet another thing to lose/mislay/not have to hand when you want to check your account?

I object to even picking up my mobile when I want to do a transaction on my PC! If I have to get off the sofa to find a device in a drawer...beyond the pale.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure