Anyone used Rebookify to beat the price of a hotel booking?

Options
Have you used Rebookify? It's a free hotel price tracker that claims to find you a cheaper price on a room you've already booked, when you email them your booking confirmation.

I'm trying it out, but I'd love to hear from anyone else who has used them. Thanks.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 9 May at 11:13AM
    Options
    So pay for a more expensive cancellable booking and hope Rebookify gets it cheaper for you later or buy a much cheaper non-cancellable room now?

They say their service is free due to affiliate marketing so presumably you'll also be giving up on any of your own "cashback" activities via Quidco etc or they are going to be spamming you with affiliate marketing.

Also doesn't say where they are checking so you may go from booking directly and getting benefits for that (eg if you have status with the hotel chain) but they may push you via an intermediary so lose those benefits and complicate S75 etc. 
  • michele-p
    michele-p Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've not tried it, but have done this for myself on an upcoming road trip. We booked all our own accommodation direct, with refundable rates. Around 3 weeks ago I checked prices for the same rooms, and some were cheaper, so I re-booked. Same rooms are steadily going up in price the nearer to the time we get. I saved around £250, which goes back into the holiday kitty.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 May at 11:22AM
    Options
    So pay for a more expensive cancellable booking and hope Rebookify gets it cheaper for you later or buy a much cheaper non-cancellable room now?

They say their service is free due to affiliate marketing so presumably you'll also be giving up on any of your own "cashback" activities via Quidco etc or they are going to be spamming you with affiliate marketing 
    I used to routinely book at the cheapest non-refundable room rates for any hotel bookings if it saved a few quid.  Since the Covid pandemic my view on this has shifted slightly and now I often book a refundable rate, especially if it's a trip a long way in the future, or a multi-itinerary holiday.  It gives so much flexibility and financial protection for the unforeseen.  I've often found that by shopping around I can get the flexible rate for not much more than the non-flexible.

As @michele-p says you can then compare yourself anyway, and existing sites like Skyscanner and Kayak let you set up price alerts. I might try Rebookify out of curiosity for a trip later in the year where I found the cost of hotels pretty high.  My biggest concern was if they rebooked you automatically but that's not how it seems to work.
  • AnotherMoneyExpert
    Options
    RateDrop.com

Another free service that monitors rates (both cash and points) direct from the hotel so still get status recognition, points, stay credit, etc.

After setting an alert you get an email if the rate drops and you cancel/re-book yourself.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback