Transfer to closed account

Options
Good morning,

I'm looking for advice as my mother who is in her very senior years transferred me money earlier this week into my bank account using telephone banking, this was from a BOS account to my Santander account. Unfortunately I had very recently closed this Santander account. I had messaged her trying to warn her about this but sadly she missed this message and proceeded to transfer the money.

We are hoping to claim the money back as it is currently somewhere floating about. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this before and how it was resolved. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had this happen before a couple of years back.   The money appeared back in the senders account a couple of days later with no intervention.         The person who sent it had no idea that I didn't recieve it and therefore hadn't chased anyone.
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    normally gets automatically sent back - timeline depends on the banks involved - BoS should be ok, Santander I'm not so sure how good they are...
  • Jimbo_78
    Jimbo_78 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've managed to get it back. Very relieved, all good. Thanks for your answers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback