Dimplex quantum faulty

Options
lilac_dawn
lilac_dawn Posts: 123 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I posted a while back about my new quantum 150 using a lot of daytime electricity. It settled in month 2 but then again the bill went high last month. It is also very hot to touch and I now see that it doesn't seem to be switching on and off. The display says comfort off but the heater is red hot. I set it as away with setback to 7 degs, arrived back 5 hours earlier than expected to find the heater really hot (case read 40 deg C) and the room temp 23 deg. The display still read as heater off. It must be faulty - unless anyone has any better ideas? The electrician who installed it was not helpful and now says I have to contact Dimplex direct. I can't find any way to do this on their website but have found a number on a certain p-ed consumer, which is : +44 800 028 6122.
Does anyone know if that's the best, or only, way to get in touch with them? 

Comments

• inthedepthsofthesea
    Options
    I contacted Dimplex by submitting an online ticket to their Help Centre. You should be able to find it by searching for "Dimplex support help centre". It took a few days, but I got a phone call back (not an email as I was expecting) from an 0344 number - and they were very helpful.

In my case, it was user error as I hadn't set the off-peak times correctly when I changed to a new supplier with different off-peak times.

Yours sounds like something very odd is happening. Can you turn it off at the wall until you can get advice from Dimplex?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback