IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council PCN - Parking in suspended bay - unclear signage

Options
21 PCN - London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham

On 30th April I parked on a road with signs for parking being suspended. I looked at the nearest notice (which was on the other side of the road) and it said that parking was suspended from the 8th of May. Further down the road (on the side that I was parked on) there were additional notices, which as it turned out said parking was suspended in the spaces I was in from 30th April.

I received a 21s PCN for parking in a suspended bay. 

I would say that this is unclear signage. The sign a couple metres from my car did not say parking in that space was suspended, but the sign maybe 20 metres away said it was. It seems unreasonable to expect people to look at anything other than the nearest sign.

A local resident told me she did not think any of these signs were there last week, but I can't imagine there's any way of proving that.

Is this a good enough reason for an appeal to be granted? Any suggestions on what to say in my appeal beyond the above?

Many thanks for your help

Pete

Nearest sign - talking of a different suspension

Relevant sign to my restriction

The locations of my car, the nearest sign and the relevant sign:

PCN

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are better off posting on the ftla parking forum in the appropriate section, after reading their posting rules, so the

Free traffic and legal advice forum 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure