IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim form : UK Parking Limited : DCB Legal

Options
I received a claim form from UK Parking Control Limited represented by DCB Legal. The date of PCN is 04/05/2023
Issue date the 16th of April 2024. 
Acknowledgment was sent today 8th May 2024. (I was on holiday when the letter arrived)

There has not been any judgment before the acknowledgment of service. 
They suggested that I was in breach of the contract: " Not Parked Correctly Within The Markings Of the Bay Or Space.

Amount Claimed: 182.76
Court Fee: 35.00
Legal Representatives Costs: 50.00
Total Amount: 267.76

I am assuming it is the same process as all other PCN's regardless if it is parking in bays or staying over the time limit?

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May at 8:27PM
    Options
    By what method was the AOS "sent". ? Saying sent means nothing, the deadline date was 19 days from the issue date, so 6th of May , sent could mean by post, by email, or by logging into MCOL and doing it 

Did you login to MCOL to check that there was no judgment yet. ?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 May at 8:26PM
    Options
    I received a claim form from UK Parking Control Limited represented by DCB Legal. The date of PCN is 04/05/2023
    Issue date the 16th of April 2024. 
    Acknowledgment was sent today 8th May 2024. (I was on holiday when the letter arrived)

With a Claim Issue Date of 16th April, you had until Monday 6th May to file an Acknowledgment of Service. You missed that deadline. 
    Since 4pm on Monday 6th May the Claimant has been free to seek a Default Judgment against you. Suggest you check your MCOL Claim History.
    If all is well, you have until 4pm on Monday 20th May 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's under two weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • MagicalOwl12312
    MagicalOwl12312 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 May at 8:29PM
    Options
    Gr1pr said:
    By what method was the AOS "sent". ? Saying sent means nothing, the deadline date was 19 days from the issue date, so 5th of May , sent could mean by post, by email, or by logging into MCOL and doing it 

Did you login to MCOL to check that there was no judgment yet. ?
    Sorry for the unclear post.
    AOS was done via MCOL on the 8th, which is past the deadline date as you have stated. But while on MCOL I  cannot see anything relating to a judgment being made. Therefore, I am only assuming no judgment has been made.
    Under the "Claim History" the following points are displayed:

A claim was issued against you on 16/04/2024

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 08/05/2024

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep that's fine.  A late AOS blocks a CCJ so you still have the time to defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    what can I say in my defense of the fine??
    It stipulates that the defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs(the contract)
    Reason NOt Parked Correctly Within The Marking Of The Bay Of Space.

The defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012.

I ignored this as thought it was a joke, my back wheel was over the white line
    I rushed in as finished working and needed milk,  I was in the space for all of ten minutes
    Not sure how to respond to the fine and their wording 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    What fine?

Just use the Template Defence and don't talk about rushing nor admit to being over a line.
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have used the template and added below for my defense

Do I need to add more or is short and sweet better ?

5. The Defendant worked by Cardiff Bay Retail and has parked in this area many times. On these occasions has not seen any signs

6. This PCN was issued 04/05/2023 and the defendant does not recollect not parking correctly in the designated area

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes that's enough for this stage.  Come back at WS and evidence stage as the DQ is fully covered in the NEWBIES thread and in the first 12 steps in the 1st post of the Template Defence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback