IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Recieved CCJ from a MET parking ticket

Options
Hi i've just check my credit file and found out i have a CCJ on my file 23 jan 2024 for £296 its from parking ticket from virgin active car park operated by MET Parking services ltd. The parking charge date is 26/07/2022 i have no recolection of this particular parking ticket otherwise i would of contested it as im a member of this gym and have a valid parking permit but i recieved no letters to my address or comunication what so ever.  I've seen on my credit file they have old address not the adress where the vehcle was registared to DVLA and im on the electoral registar.  

Heres some key points i want to use to reverse this CCJ  

Ticket was for faliure to clearly display - Im a member of the gym parkings free for me and have a valid permit.

There was no comunication letters. etc - It seems like letters and mail went to old address not where car is registerd to. Not sure where they got this address from weird

I do not want this marked as satisfied would rather have this removed. Can you guys help me or point me in the right direction please.

Comments

• LDast
    LDast Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 May at 7:02PM
    Options
    mrmedley said:

There was no comunication letters. etc - It seems like letters and mail went to old address not where car is registerd to. Not sure where they got this address from weird
    At the time of the parking event, were you still living at your old address or your current one? When you moved, did you actually update the address on the V5C? Updating your drivers licence with the DVLA does not automatically update your V5C.

Newbies/FAQ thread covers everything you need to know about getting this set aside.
  • mrmedley
    mrmedley Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The car was never registared to the address they served ccj. The address was family address i used to stay they moved but been on electoral and car registared to current address since 2015
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Virgin Active in Fulham?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 May at 7:17PM
    Options
    Put in a CCJ set aside application like the one seen in the thread by @Zbubuman and you can have s hearing to wipe the CCJ entirely.

Costs £303 but we argue for that the be ordered refunded by the Claimant, in cases where a claim went to an incorrect address.  Most applicants are refunded that fee by the erring Claimant.

Do not pay the CCJ as that doesn't wipe it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mrmedley
    Options
  • mrmedley
    Options
    Yes the fulham one. I will look thanks coupon
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories