Car seller has closed its branch

Options
Jmoo
Jmoo Posts: 343 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I purchased a car from Car Store in Norwich two months ago. I paid my bank transfer. It is under a three month gurantee, but only with them.

I discovered that it has now developed a fault that stops the windows from closing. 

I've tried calling, only to find that the car store is now closed, and my nearest is 90 miles away.

Realistically driving to Lincoln isn't going to work, as it won't be resolved there and then.

As it's electrics I can't find a garage to resolve this, and I fear it will be costly.

What are my options?

Comments

• phey708
    phey708 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are there any auto electricians near you that you can find on yell etc..? Ring them up first and check that they are happy to reimburse you if you can find an auto electrician to fix the car
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 May at 8:55PM
    Options
    Sometimes windows do this when they just need re-calibrating. Last time I came across it you held down the lock button (for locking the rear window switches) at the same time as you raised and lowered the drivers window and then passenger window. Fully up and then fully down, and they re-set to the correct open / shut opperation.

They can need re-calibrating if the battery has been totally flat or disconnected - not unusual on a used car.
  • Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Therein lies the peril of the vendor's self-backed warranty.

If they'd gone under, you wouldn't even have the option of Lincoln.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback