Full transfer of current year subscription only ISA

Options
Hi there,

I have recently used an ISA to wrap work based shares coming out of a scheme. Once in the ISA I sold and withdrew a proportion that I needed personally.

There is now a cash balance left in this ISA which I wish to transfer to a cheaper platform - this platform only accepts partial transfers from the current tax year subscription (despite the law changing).

Given I withdrew and 9k became 5k - I assume the platform provider would still consider the 5k (the whole balance left) moving over as constituting the whole years subscription?

TIA

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rexxx said:
    I have recently used an ISA to wrap work based shares coming out of a scheme. Once in the ISA I sold and withdrew a proportion that I needed personally.

There is now a cash balance left in this ISA which I wish to transfer to a cheaper platform - this platform only accepts partial transfers from the current tax year subscription (despite the law changing).

Given I withdrew and 9k became 5k - I assume the platform provider would still consider the 5k (the whole balance left) moving over as constituting the whole years subscription?
    Surely it's a full transfer you want?  Which platform are you looking at?
  • Rexxx
    Rexxx Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Rexxx said:

So I was slightly confused at whether to tick “all” subscriptions or whether to click “current year” and then specify I wanted the full amount to come over. It’s only current year subscriptions involved but I’m assuming ticking “all” would constitute an all size fits all? (Which I think you’re alluding to)

I was looking at AJ Bell but possibly Vanguard (aware not a platform) - neither accept part transfers of current years subscriptions. I’m looking to transfer the whole lot of what is left, it’s just that part of what I subscribed has already come out of the wrapper (to pay for something) and I didn’t want that to cause an issue?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rexxx said:
    eskbanker said:
    Rexxx said:

So I was slightly confused at whether to tick “all” subscriptions or whether to click “current year” and then specify I wanted the full amount to come over. It’s only current year subscriptions involved but I’m assuming ticking “all” would constitute an all size fits all? (Which I think you’re alluding to)

I was looking at AJ Bell but possibly Vanguard (aware not a platform) - neither accept part transfers of current years subscriptions. I’m looking to transfer the whole lot of what is left, it’s just that part of what I subscribed has already come out of the wrapper (to pay for something) and I didn’t want that to cause an issue?
    Specifying that you want to make a full transfer (i.e. 'all') keeps it simple, as there's no need to pay any attention to contributions per year and it's just a case of bringing over everything that's there, regardless of the history of how the balance changed over time.
  • Rexxx
    Rexxx Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Rexxx said:
    eskbanker said:
    Rexxx said:

Specifying that you want to make a full transfer (i.e. 'all') keeps it simple, as there's no need to pay any attention to contributions per year and it's just a case of bringing over everything that's there, regardless of the history of how the balance changed over time.
    Great, I’m going to go ahead and do exactly this
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure