🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

delete this post

Options
imalwaystired
imalwaystired Posts: 169 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
delete this post

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,013 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 May at 3:23PM
    Options
    I can't comment on points 2 & 3, but 1 may be a knock on from you opening another dispute so  soon after having had a similar warning
    Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Abusive buyer policy — MoneySavingExpert Forum
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,357 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quote “  estimated delivery is 03 May - 07 May” and you opened a case on the 8th- doesn’t that worry you?

As for tracking, what does it really matter , it arrives or it doesn’t, or do you still believe that you are being targeted somehow by bad sellers where the rest of us don’t seem to have issues at all?

I suspect you are likely to be restricted sooner rather than later at this rate. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,551 Forumite
    Options
    I can't comment on points 2 & 3, but 1 may be a knock on from you opening another dispute so  soon after having had a similar warning
    Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Abusive buyer policy — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Would you dispute this with ebay because it's not my fault the seller posted the item late and not provided tracking.
    That's not your fault, no, but nobody made you open a dispute.  You chose to do that, despite knowing you were on thin ice with eBay's abusive buyer policy, and whilst in communication with the seller - it might be different if they'd simply not responded at all.  

What were you hoping to achieve by opening the case?

You could have chosen to have a little patience and either wait a little longer than overnight for the seller to send you tracking, or chase them up for it, all without opening a case.
  • soolin
    Options
    soolin said:
    Quote “  estimated delivery is 03 May - 07 May” and you opened a case on the 8th- doesn’t that worry you?

As for tracking, what does it really matter , it arrives or it doesn’t, or do you still believe that you are being targeted somehow by bad sellers where the rest of us don’t seem to have issues at all?

I suspect you are likely to be restricted sooner rather than later at this rate. 
    Why should it worry me opening a dispute the next day. I try to buy things so they arrive when I'm off work so tracking is important so I can make sure I'm in.
    If you don’t see all these warnings as a worry and are happy to be restricted by eBay due to your buying habits, then no, no need to worry at all. 

As for post arriving when you aren’t working, sellers have a time frame for posting (mine is currently 3 working days as i find the eBay EDDs are optimistic)) so I can post anytime within that time frame, and postage itself is very changeable, I’d be hard pressed to tell a buyer within. 2-3 day window when their item was going to arrive. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
     I try to buy things so they arrive when I'm off work so tracking is important so I can make sure I'm in.
    OP you have to understand that ebays delivery dates are optimistic/unrealistic, I have a 2 day dispatch policy but this is what ebay tell my buyers. They say to me "post by the 11th", but tell my buyer to "expect delivery on the 11th".  Am I a problem seller?

• soolin
    Options
    jeffuk said:
     I try to buy things so they arrive when I'm off work so tracking is important so I can make sure I'm in.
    OP you have to understand that ebays delivery dates are optimistic/unrealistic, I have a 2 day dispatch policy but this is what ebay tell my buyers. They say to me "post by the 11th", but tell my buyer to "expect delivery on the 11th".  Am I a problem seller?

Because ebay delivery dates are unrealistic this is not a buyers problem but I do understand how long delivery takes after a seller have posted the item. I cannot tell if your a bad seller until I've bought a item from you or I've had to contact you. If I contact a seller about a late item and they blame the delay on a bank holiday or say they send the tracking details when they get home but don't say when they will be home this is unacceptable. When ebay sends an email to say your item is being posted does a seller have to mark it as dispatched or does ebay send the message thinking the seller will post it soon.
    A message showing despatched is not sent until seller either downloads an eBay label or physically marks it as despatched. EBay do not send despatched messages off of their own back. 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,551 Forumite
    Options
    soolin said:
    jeffuk said:

Because ebay delivery dates are unrealistic this is not a buyers problem but I do understand how long delivery takes after a seller have posted the item. I cannot tell if your a bad seller until I've bought a item from you or I've had to contact you. If I contact a seller about a late item and they blame the delay on a bank holiday or say they send the tracking details when they get home but don't say when they will be home this is unacceptable. When ebay sends an email to say your item is being posted does a seller have to mark it as dispatched or does ebay send the message thinking the seller will post it soon.
    A message showing despatched is not sent until seller either downloads an eBay label or physically marks it as despatched. EBay do not send despatched messages off of their own back. 
    To be fair it is annoying when eBay does that, makes you think the item is on its way before it actually is (but it's not the seller's fault eBay's automated systems work that way, of course).
  • soolin
    Options
    soolin said:
    jeffuk said:

To be fair it is annoying when eBay does that, makes you think the item is on its way before it actually is (but it's not the seller's fault eBay's automated systems work that way, of course).
    I contacted eBay and they said when the seller marks the item as dispatched then you get an email saying the item is being posted 
    That’s right, it is triggered as I said in my email either when selelr marks as despatched or when they download an eBay label. 
  • soolin
    Options
    soolin said:
    jeffuk said:

I try and avoid printing labels too early, but I do often print the evening before purely so I can arrange a collection the next day if required. If I can’t post for a couple of days, avoiding Sundays for instance, I try not to print on the Saturday but would wait until the Sunday evening.
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 May at 8:34AM
    Options
    jeffuk said:

From reading the other replies on this thread and then this, I think you just don't get it and I think your banning is probably inevitable.

I think it's pretty harsh to ask the buyer for tracking details, then open a case against them the very next day. What were you hoping to achieve - eBay wouldn't know the tracking details. Punish the buyer for posting something on the fifth working day? Get a refund for an item in transit to you?
    The one ebay bid cancellation notice is from something I bought yesterday and the item was posted out yesterday and the tracking was showing out for delivery today but now it's changed to in delivery depot so I don't know if I will receive the item now.
    I think we're wired differently because I don't understand why you'd jump to that conclusion. I'd say there's a 99% chance you will receive the item, just not today.

You seem to hold the sellers responsible for ebays communication and delivery delays. I know I'm just another person who will be swiftly disregarded in this thread, but you need to chill out.

Reading past threads is concerning, there's a lot of issues reported and you've even said:
    The second abusive policy email I received I did deserve for the actions I took but after the seller responded in the dispute I don't think I deserve the abusive buyer policy email but I do know what action I took was wrong.
    It's only a matter of time.
    Know what you don't
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family