missold warrenty

Options
jonty6699
jonty6699 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 9 May at 4:28PM in Motoring
hi i recently baught a new car, and the salesman put on a 3 year warranty without asking me for it, then when i pulled him up about it he said do you want a 2 year warranty ? i declined that and said i just wanted the 3 months dealer warranty, when i checked my finance there was £2000 extra on my finance deal which put my payments up , i asked for it to be taken off and it was refunded to my bank . now i feel i am paying much more in interest on the money that i have sinse used, can i claim anything back to help?

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So you were incorrectly charged for a 3 year warranty but have since had this money refunded.  I don't understand what the problem is
  • caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "So you were incorrectly charged for a 3 year warranty but have since had this money refunded.  I don't understand what the problem is"

He still has the £2000 added to the finance deal so will pay interest for the term.

I wonder if he can make a one off payment towards the finance stopping the interest accursing ?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take the refund and pay off the finance. 
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caprikid1 said:
    "So you were incorrectly charged for a 3 year warranty but have since had this money refunded.  I don't understand what the problem is"

He still has the £2000 added to the finance deal so will pay interest for the term.

I wonder if he can make a one off payment towards the finance stopping the interest accursing ?
    Yes if its a regulated agreement (99.9% are) then he can make a partial settlement at any time.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd have thought the value you signed for would have been £2k higher than you expected? Why did you sign it? I might not read all the small print but I like to know the bottom line.How much per month, how much in total.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback