hotel central london recommends please

Options
Recommendations for a hotel within about 20mins taxi travel from Westminster requested.

This will be for a graduation celebration stay early June for a couple of nights ( parents and post graduation ceremony) for up to six people ( 3 rooms).

Expecting this to not be cheap (!!) but want somewhere where we can relax rather than quirky so ruling out places like Premier Inn or with odd designs such as industrial looking decor but a lounging area would be great.

£200 to £250 a room night would be good but in central London?

Experience of stays ( repeatedly? ) would be preferred.

Not asking much eh?

Comments

• annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Some of the Hilton's would be in your price range. We've stayed multiple times at the Metropole at Paddington which was fine, sure there was a lounge but we stayed with young children so wouldn't have used it. 

I have the one on Bayswater Road booked  just off Hyde Park and that was under £250 a night. 

I think you're biggest problem may this is fairly last minute so options may be limited. 

Horse guards Hotel much closer to Westminster often have some big discounts but suspect this will be over budget? Likewise Great Scotland Yard Hotel is lovely and convenient but likely over budget - has a fab cocktail bar 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Heedtheadvice
    Heedtheadvice Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the response. 
    I was not really expecting  a great hotel for that stated budget but will maybe go higher if a better place. Will have a look at those you mention.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where in Westminster is the Graduation ceremony?

I know you will have your glad rags on, but the choice will be far more if you are willing to consider a hotel with a short tube trip.  As an example, I just looked at the Mercure Bloomsbury and the "member rate" (junk mail marketing rate) with zero flexibility for the two nights I picked in early June was £1,200 total for three rooms.  That works out £200 per room per night.  The rooms don't look that spacious, but there is a bar etc.  Local to Covent Garden for an evening out other than the Graduation.

I have no reason to recommend that particular hotel, it is just one option for consideration if the 20-minute taxi ride can be swapped for public transport.
  • Heedtheadvice
    Heedtheadvice Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that extra.
    It is at the County Hall.

We have decided to be quite close by as it will be an early start and one member of party will be better in a Taxi rather than  other transport.

Have now decided to increase budget as the most important party member has been given a choice...and has made it! As it will be a once in a lifetime award what's another pound or two.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback