Cheap Shipping USA to UK?

Options
Poshsalt
Poshsalt Posts: 115 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 8 May at 12:06PM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hi,
I started a business a board game I made it did well in UK, sent products to USA for Amazon FBA, it didnt do well and have a lot of stock I need to get back to UK. I've tried selling it at a loss but that doesnt work, I cant liqudate it because Amazon says it hasnt sold enough to give me a price.

10 Boxes - 48" x 44" x 34" 39kg a box.

It was a board game. People love it in UK but USA didnt relise you cant advertist on Amazon drink.
It retails for £14.99. If someone wanted to buy the lot in USA, i'd be happy with £4 a unit.

Anyone know a cheap place that could bring this back from USA . Time isnt important.

At moment best quote is DHL £1,700. (5days)

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are quite frequent discussions regarding postage on the ebay board, so posting there may be worth a try.  I don't think it will be cheap for 39kg boxes - many carriers exclude anything over 20 or 25kg from cheap tariffs and that weight may require two men to load it.
    Will Amazon allow you to choose any carrier you want?  A lot of large organisations will only deal with a few carriers of their choice.  Will Amazon prepare the boxes for shipping, tape them up etc.?
    I think in your situation I would contact Amazon to see if they would accept your choice of carrier coming along to pick up the boxes and to confirm that they will prepare the boxes for shipment.
    You will also have the issue of declaring the value for insurance and dealing with the importation paperwork.  I've no idea of the procedure for customs declarations for returns, but that is another thing that needs to be in place.
    Good luck!
  • Poshsalt
    Poshsalt Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    martindow said:
    There are quite frequent discussions regarding postage on the ebay board, so posting there may be worth a try.  I don't think it will be cheap for 39kg boxes - many carriers exclude anything over 20 or 25kg from cheap tariffs and that weight may require two men to load it.
    Will Amazon allow you to choose any carrier you want?  A lot of large organisations will only deal with a few carriers of their choice.  Will Amazon prepare the boxes for shipping, tape them up etc.?
    I think in your situation I would contact Amazon to see if they would accept your choice of carrier coming along to pick up the boxes and to confirm that they will prepare the boxes for shipment.
    You will also have the issue of declaring the value for insurance and dealing with the importation paperwork.  I've no idea of the procedure for customs declarations for returns, but that is another thing that needs to be in place.
    Good luck!

I didnt know this but if you want your items back from Amazon USA it needs to first go to an address in USA, they wont post direct to UK.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback