IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Letter of Claim - I live on a different continent!

Options
Hi!

As stated really, received a LoC via email, I now live in Australia. Had a nightmare start to finish with this ticket from NCP not sending me an appeal route letter, to not even finding out about the PCN for 3 months at which point I was 3 days away from my move. Lots of unanswered emails to NCP later, it was passed to TRACE, many more unanswered emails and here I am with a LoC.

BW Legal asked if I have a UK address to send Court papers as they wouldn't be sending them to Australia, I said no (true). I'm worried they will deliver them to my old address knowing I'm likely to miss them. What should I do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Email them again and tell them to erase the old address and require their client to do the same.  And tell them to close the case as you are out of jurisdiction. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zarazeds
    zarazeds Posts: 5 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I said something similar on the live chat, I was just told 'it'd be added to my file' - which I can't access as their documents portal isn't even accessible from out of the UK. I'm just wondering worst case scenario - would they service court papers to a previous address? Is that legal since they know I won't receive?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Do not do this by LiveChat.

You need to STOP them & their clients from being able to file a claim at the old address.  That's why I gave you the right word:ERASE.

But not by Livechat or phone.
  • zarazeds
    zarazeds Posts: 5 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's literally not another way to contact them. All emails, no reply, all contact through their portal which I can't access.
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 May at 12:30PM
    Options
    zarazeds said:
    There's literally not another way to contact them. All emails, no reply, all contact through their portal which I can't access.
    Google "BW Legal Contact Address". There is a Leeds address there.

As per above, you have no address in the UK, so what they are asking you is impossible.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 8 May at 12:34PM
    Options
    zarazeds said:
    That's odd, given all such stuff is here in this forum, for the sake of a search or two. 

We are asked about BW legal email addresses often and I recall replying just days ago on a thread with some listed.
  • JoeN1988
    JoeN1988 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found this within 1 minute. 
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    So you write to the dpo of both organisations.  Use a mail and post service that prints and posts the letter for you. Many around cheap and quick
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I had these e-mail addresses in my list: -
    customerinfo@bwlegal.co.uk
    disputeresolution@bwlegal.co.uk
    but they may have chopped them now!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    complaints@ works
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure