PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Agency fees and inherited property

Options
I've currently got two properties up for sale, my own property and a property that I've inherited which was our family home. My preferred solution is to sell my own house and move into the family home, buying out my siblings' shares but if the inherited property sells first with a better offer we'll take that instead.

My question is this, if I do sell my own house, take the inherited property off the market, move in and transfer ownership into my name, can the EA demand their fees? Bearing in mind, I'm the executor and the EA agreement is in my name and the house is not currently on the Land Registry so this will be the first registration. My assumption is they cannot demand any fees as the house hasn't been sold to a third party but I want to make sure. The contract is a standard EA marketing agreement so nothing out of the ordinary.

Comments

• Bookworm105
    Bookworm105 Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 May at 10:10AM
    Options
    read the contract... the EA can only do what it says
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income