🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PayPal credit and increasing limits

Options
Graham1982
Graham1982 Posts: 133 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
Hello everyone:

Firstly I would like to point out that I know people do get into trouble with PayPal credit and that it is a frequent topic of conversation on the Debt Free Wannabe forum.

However, I have switched on the notify me if you want to increase my credit limit thing and I have accepted limit increase from 800 odd quid to 1,500 recently and then there is another option to increase it again. 

I have a balance of say 200 quid on there that I am paying off month end and I never, ever get anywhere near credit limit.

My question is, is it worth accepting the credit increase like it is with other lines of credit as it shows you are a good "risk" or is it pointless as this is not a credit card per-se?

Thanks

Graham

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's no bad thing to have a higher limit as it shows the firms trust you to manage your account responsibly, provided you are paying off in full every month, it's unlikely to have any issues. There are some who argue that having higher limits is bad because lenders might consider you more of a risk to run up credit and thus a future application might get lower credit but lenders all work in their own ways. How long ago was the last increase - a month or two or a year ago? If it was say 12 months ago I'd just accept it and keep using it as you do now, if it was 2 months ago, it's probably not worth the risk if they are doing a search
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,838 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've never been offered PP Increase though apart from occasional Tech purchases never reached 1 or1.45k Limit.
    Did OP choose to review before accepting increases.
    I always chose this option rather than Auto Accept or Don't receive increases.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    I've never been offered PP Increase though apart from occasional Tech purchases never reached 1 or1.45k Limit.
    That's because of your significant debt and responsible lending rules
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,838 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Dandytf said:
    That's because of your significant debt and responsible lending rules
    It helps I don't need PP Increase.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Graham1982
    Graham1982 Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello everyone

Last increase offered was a couple of months ago and I do have the "review offer before increase" option selected.

Thanks

Graham
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family