Barclays Bank - Fraud Team. Thank you!

Options
LoveParasite
LoveParasite Posts: 13 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 10 May at 10:36AM in Praise, vent & warnings

We were victims of a scam.  It was related to the renovation of a property.

I was completely taken in by the continual excuses the scammer made.  I gave an ultimatum which the scammer ignored. I then called my bank – hoping it might be able to recover funds but also to highlight this scammer to them.  I held little hope that any of our funds would be returned.

From reporting the issue Barclays bank were superb. They supported us in every imaginable way. We honestly can’t thank them enough - for the suppport alone.  The advice. The guidance. The referral to suppport organisations. It was compassionate. It was thorough.

We provided extensive information about the scammer. Who, of course, became aggressive – he was the victim!? The police had to be involved. It was a difficult time as he knew where we lived and was making threats.  Again, Barclays provided support - not direct, but it enquired as to the support we had around us to keep us safe and asked if we needed singposted to support organisations.

After a couple of weeks Barclays called to say it had found in our favour and that it was able to retrieve all of our funds.  It was an emotional night. Not in our wildest imaginings had we expected this. Not ever.  At best our guess would have been a fraction of what we lost.

I’d urge anyone in our situation to contact their bank as soon as they realise, even if they just think, fraud may have occurred.  Keep details of all communication with the company/person involved from the the initial involvement onwards. Avoid calls – if possible, communicate in writing text, email, whatsapp, facebook etc.

We cannot thank the fraud team at Barclays enough. Not just for the return of the money but the magnificent support.

Comments

• liggerz87
    liggerz87 Posts: 395 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ye barclays have been amazing when I needed them needed a refund twice and they came through when I needed to do same with 2 banks monzo and starling I felt like a was a crimaln I did get refund from both those
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback