Replacement shower fitting?

Options

Hi all

I am waiting to replace my shower with a new one that is not a 10.8KW a one with a lower KW. 

But I want to make the new one will fit well when replacing the old one but I dont know if the current one is a Push fit join and if the one I like will fit well?

My current one is

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mira-decor-dual-warm-silver-10-8kw-manual-electric-shower/476gv

The one I would like is

https://www.toolstation.com/mira-sprint-multi-fit-electric-shower/p43583

Or if anyone has any links to any that would fit well for the current one that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    For my money, I'd go for one with thermostatic control - The old electric shower that I had, you could never get a stable comfortable temperature. It was always too hot, or just plain freezing. Replaced it with a Triton T80Z and am well happy with it. Price has gone up a lot for that model since I got mine..
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • blackstar
    blackstar Posts: 374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks good idea.
    I'm mainly looking firstly for one that will fit well compared to the current one. 
  • ThisIsWeird
    ThisIsWeird Posts: 5,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Blackstar.
    Mira are (or certainly were) great at customer services, and they may even have a 'chat' feature, or Facebook page. I'd ask them - which models are the most direct replacement. 
    Or, download the instructions for both models, and compare?
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In the screwfix reviews for your current shower, one mentions having to buy a compression elbow to fit it. The covers are usually easy to get off to check (switch of at the mains first
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback