Thermaflow electric boiler

Options
Trixabella51
Trixabella51 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi, does anyone have a thermaflow electric boiler, I have moved to a rental and the bills are nearly £500 a month, I am out the house all day until 6pm so don’t use energy during day but this boiler still uses a lot of electric … apparently I should be on another tariff, can anyone give any advice please? I’m  ready to turn it off completely when I go to work!  

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Heating with an electric boiler is probably the most expensive way of staying warm. It is cheap for the landlord and doesn't require annual gas safety certificates. Not good for the tenant as the running costs are obscene. Turning it off at the wall is going to be the most sensible option,  and come the winter, buy a couple of electric heaters.
    In the meantime, perhaps try and talk the landlord in to fitting a more cost effective (to run) heating system. If he/she were to install a heat pump, with the government grants, it shouldn't cost a fortune (from around £2000). Running costs would be much lower for you, and maintenance costs for him would be about the same.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback