Very Modern Light…horizontal or vertical?

Options
I have chosen a very modern light for my wall in a room, and am wondering which way to position it, horizontally or vertically. I have enclosed photographs and would be interested in what you stylish people think.
Thankyou

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,075 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Horizontally.

I'd also say, that colour wise it matches the main light, but the styles are very different and that jars with me.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • GoldenOldy
    GoldenOldy Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh yes, i forgot to mention, the main light is being changed. Thankyou
  • GoldenOldy
    Options
    Do you think it looks too small for the space? I am having difficulty finding a larger one.
  • casper_gutman
    casper_gutman Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure there's a strong reason to prefer either orientation. Unless the lighting effect is somehow better one way or the other, I'd just go with whichever you like the look of most. 

To me, the horizontal arrangement looks a bit "Olympic rings gone wrong" whereas the vertical is more unique. I'd possibly have chosen the latter just based on first impressions.
  • GoldenOldy
    Options
    Thanks both, one vote for each so far then!
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you think it looks too small for the space? I am having difficulty finding a larger one.
    Walls are there to be filled.  If you place it vertically then that gives you space to have two decent sized pictures either side. 

If you're attempting to fill the wall with just that one object then horizontal might be better but you're really not filling the wall. 

Interior design is about the whole and how objects sit together to create one scene.  It's not a scene yet.  
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to be awkward, but could we please have a picture of it at 45 degrees?

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • GoldenOldy
    edited 7 May at 2:30PM
    Options
    Yes, thankyou for being interested.. I am coming to the conclusion it may be too small for the space so thinking perhaps a picture light with a mirror/picture underneath?

one pic below 45 degrees, one 90’s to give you scale of wall.
  • GoldenOldy
    Options
    there we are…its quite a big wall , but it needs a light. I have only one wired up part for lighting in the wall. Thanks
  • abssorb
    abssorb Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's too small. I would get two of the same, and position them close together such that they look like one light.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback