Thames Water - Build over agreement

Options
Hello,

I have an extension being built on my house end of this year, we have had the drawings made by an architect and have the builders in place already. They have done a drainage survey cause the extension will be built over a manhole which needs to be re located and have sent us new drawings of the proposed ground floor plan with foundation layout, proposed drainage layout... They have told us we needed a build over agreement from Thames Water and proposed to do it for us for £1000 excluding VAT. I wanted to save us money and I thought their drawings were enough  so I sent the application to Thames Water myself along with their latest plans. Thames Water just came back us telling us our application is missing water surface drainage and asks us to amend our plans accordingly. The builders did mention drainage in their plans but I guess this was not enough for Thames Water. I really would like to save spending more money to the builders but not sure how I could avoid this. Would an architect be less expensive? Can someone else change those drawings for the purpose of our application? Really not sure what to do. Thank you for the help 🙏🏼

Comments

• inthedepthsofthesea
    Options
    Did you get a drainage plan when you bought the house? Our solicitor got a plan of both foul and surface water drainage for the house and surrounding area from the water company. Or alternatively, you could ask Thames Water for the existing surface water drainage plan and (if you're not making any changes except the build-over) add them to your submission.
  • lamialex
    lamialex Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 May at 6:36PM
    Options
    We got a drainage survey made. There was no drainage plan when we bought the house, and Thames Water had none, we asked them. Can we just add that drainage survey to our submission? will it be enough? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback