RCI bank not in MSE 2 year accounts

Options
The RCI bank 2 year fixed savings account at 5.05% is not in the MSE top accounts list. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this.
Also I note that there a quite a few threads from a few years ago where people were dissatisfied with the account opening procedures and communication. Is there anyone who has opened an account recently who can give your experience and whether you can fund from your linked account immediately and don't have to wait to receive an account activation through the post.

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've never had any issues with RCI bank.  everything went smoothly
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The MSE list is free to access, so can be a bit slow to update sometimes. If you go to a more commercial site the RCI account is there.
    Best 2 Year Fixed Rate Bonds | Rates Up To 5.05% (moneyfactscompare.co.uk)
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You know you can email MSE with accounts that are decent & if they agree they should show up on the MSE site.

You aren't guaranteed an email reply.

But yeah done this several times for regular savings accounts & had replies, even if MSE don't agree with my suggestions.

It's the broken link email btw if you want to try
  • VNX
    VNX Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a 5 year bond with RCI opening was easy and app very easy, no complaints. 
  • macazon
    macazon Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just an update on my experience with opening the account.
    I have now opened the account and successfully paid in the first amount from my linked account (arrived in the account in a few hours from sending).
    I have not authenticated my linked account yet as I am waiting for a code to be mailed to me. So contrary to some of the old threads I found I am able to fund the account before authentication of the linked account.
    The only thing i didn't like about the application was being asked about my income.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I found the process easy.
    The only bugbear is when login with app keep getting a cookie message as can't save my settings.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I found the process easy.
    The only bugbear is when login with app keep getting a cookie message as can't save my settings.
    I'm getting the same. Surprised they haven't sorted it out yet. Perhaps no one's told them.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macazon said:
    Just an update on my experience with opening the account.
    I have now opened the account and successfully paid in the first amount from my linked account (arrived in the account in a few hours from sending).
    I have not authenticated my linked account yet as I am waiting for a code to be mailed to me. So contrary to some of the old threads I found I am able to fund the account before authentication of the linked account.
    The only thing i didn't like about the application was being asked about my income.
    Income is standard when applying for banking services though.
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My experience with RCI has been good. I like the notice system on their 95 day account. Of course, it's not instant banking; takes a day or two (or even three) to get your money, but for those of us who have grown up waiting for cheques to clear, that doesn't seem too bad.
  • ImmediateAction66666
    Options
    I posted the same question yesterday. It seems maybe MSE is just slow to update it's best savings rates.

Is the RCI 2 year fixed account managed online or by app?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback