Cheapest Way to Backup Photos and Videos To The Cloud

Options
WSB
WSB Posts: 125 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
What is the Cheapest Way to Backup Photos and Videos To The Cloud?
I need to cover about 2TB of data.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will probably be cheaper to get a 2Tb external drive to be honest.  2Tb Desktop drives showing on Amazon £45 , or portable ones from about £65.

You can get 1Tb cloud storage per person (up to 6Tb) with office 365 Family, at £80 a year.
  • Vitor
    Vitor Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 3:49PM
    Options
    Amazon's S3 Glacier Deep Archive is likely the cheapest per TB per month, but they'll bill you to download the backed-up data if you lose the primary store.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,656 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 4:28PM
    Options
    Look at iDrive. 5TB of storage currently on offer for US$69.95 for a year. Normally $99.50.
    I've used their free plan for daily backups for a few years.It's very good, only backing up what has changed, and you only use however much space the latest file takes up, not what earlier versions are using.It claims it stores up to 30 earlier versions of files, but I only see 10 of a file I update daily (maybe that's a limit on the free version).
    It works well and I run a scheduled job every night to backup specified directories. It's all encrypted too.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback