Best thule roof rack and most economical fuel wise

Options
sec79
sec79 Posts: 344 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi, I'm looking to buy either a Thule Wingbar Evo or Thule Wingbar Edge roof rails. I have a Toyota Yaris. There's about £35 difference between the two models and I wondered which would be the most economical to buy fuel wise please? If there are any calculators to help me with the decision please do share. My annual mileage is max 7,000 per year.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Wingbar Edge is the lowest profile so will likely be the most economical but any roof bar will reduce the natural aerodynamic efficiency of the car.  Are you going to keep them on all the time - they should only really be on the car when necessary.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They shouldn't be too hard to remove, so if you've got somewhere to store them it's worth only putting them on the car when you need them.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have wingbars on my car (only when needed) so holidays & made zero difference to MPG. But that could be due to longer trips while on holiday compared to usual driving. 
    Add a Harpro Traxer 4.6 box as well, only made a small reduction in MPG on trip there & back.

Looking forward to see the difference on EV this year.

Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure