NI records now updated till 5th April 2024.

Options
RogerPensionGuy
RogerPensionGuy Posts: 523 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I just rechecked my NI record on the government gateway. 

It currently shows my yearly NI credit for year 2023/2024.

IIRC, last year the gateway didn't update till June time for NI 2022/2023 year.

Always worth checking and epically now as an NI back buying years window is open till March 2025 and then apparently closed.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/voluntary-national-insurance-contributions/?utm_campaign=mse_home

Comments

• RogerPensionGuy
    Options
    Hoenir said:
    Tks for information, I actually searched MSE with a few various words, but I didn't see the already running thread. 

I feel the current window of back buying NI years that expires in April 2025 is just so import that people aware and plan early as I think each year is about £800 I think and need to plan cash if buying lots of years.

All the press about state pensions being under pressure in the future, I'm guessing we may never see back buying NI years possible availability again. 

Hopefully these NI threads will get more people aware of this current possibility. 

Just look at the WASPI story, many people were never aware of the state pension age increasing. 

Cheers Roger. 
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All the press about state pensions being under pressure in the future, I'm guessing we may never see back buying NI years possible availability again.

The only thing closing off in 2025 is buying years outside of 6 years back, a special dispensation with the introduction of the 2016 pension ensuring everyone had the ability to get at least the minimum 10 years needed.  From 2025 things go back to normal.

• RogerPensionGuy
    Options
    molerat said:

The only thing closing off in 2025 is buying years outside of 6 years back, a special dispensation with the introduction of the 2016 pension ensuring everyone had the ability to get at least the minimum 10 years needed.  From 2025 things go back to normal.

If they are saying State Pension is affordable, I do wonder if they will reduce or stop the ability to buy back years...

I looked back at my forecast 6 years ago with being 6 years short of 35 required years, the 6 years and the uplifts make a much better picture than 6 years back. Thankfully after 47 NI full years I now have 35 required as opted out for 12......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback