H&R Building Society non availability of online service

Options
Having no online excess to operate your account with no date for resumption of service due to rebuild of app could this be viewed as alerting your terms and conditions?

Comments

• ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    35har1old said:
    Having no online excess to operate your account with no date for resumption of service due to rebuild of app could this be viewed as alerting your terms and conditions?

HRBS emailed on the 19th of April to say there would be a 'short period' where the existing system would go offline. Not sure if some people were written to instead depending on paperless preferences.

That said, HRBS (as far as I can recall) don't really offer online operation. For the regular saver at least, only balance checking and secure message. Withdrawals have to be by post. So I'm pleased they've taken down the portal to implement a new one with more features, however I do think they could've tried to find a way to leave the existing one up in the meantime like both Darlington BS and Bath BS did when changing portals.
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    35har1old said:

HRBS emailed on the 19th of April to say there would be a 'short period' where the existing system would go offline. Not sure if some people were written to instead depending on paperless preferences.

That said, HRBS (as far as I can recall) don't really offer online operation. For the regular saver at least, only balance checking and secure message. Withdrawals have to be by post. So I'm pleased they've taken down the portal to implement a new one with more features, however I do think they could've tried to find a way to leave the existing one up in the meantime like both Darlington BS and Bath BS did when changing portals.
    Should have had a look at how I applied just haven't received any notification of the online down time
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    35har1old said:
    35har1old said:

Should have had a look at how I applied just haven't received any notification of the online down time
    Update
    Now back online
    Setting new password doesn’t like certain special characters for example £ #
    Will take a further 5 working days to receive activation code by post
  • fonesaver
    fonesaver Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May at 4:27PM
    Options
    35har1old said:
    35har1old said:
    35har1old said:

Update
    Now back online
    Setting new password doesn’t like certain special characters for example £ #
    Will take a further 5 working days to receive activation code by post
    Yes I discovered this and phoned them about it also the message says 'we sent you a letter' rather than we are sending you a letter or we will send you a letter. It's a somewhat confusing message as they obviously haven't sent you a letter yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback