Firestick won’t work when switched to another

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,831 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!

I had a Firestick connected to my main Sony TV set, it was giving a little trouble, a friends brother in law is sorting it out

I have a second TV, mainly used by the children, it's set up  is as  follows: the aerial goes into a Humax PVR out from the PVR to a Samsung TV. that Firestick. It worked perfectly.

I decided to borrow the second Firestick while waiting for the one been updated. Here is where the trouble started.  When I put the Firestick into the Sony TV , it tried to update the software but it just kept looping,  so I decided to move it back to the original TV  now it doesn’t work on either TV !

The Firestick is in HDMI 1 and the power source comes from the wall socket. 

What can I do to get my Firestick working again?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Kevin

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anything come on the screen ? Likely dead.  I have one that only has the start up screen after a similar incident.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When firesticks update they can appear to loop ( as differ ent components update one after the other)  If the stick hasn’t been updated for a while this could take some time.  There is a sign on screen telling you not to unplug the stick as you run the risk of bricking it. Which sounds like you have. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback