Moving shares from Hargreaves to Trading 212

Options
dllive
dllive Posts: 1,233 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Hi,

Im looking to move shares from my Hargreas ISA account to my T212 ISA account.

The reason why I want to do this is becuase HL charges 0.45% for holding shares, whereas T212 doesnt have a charge for holding shares. (unless Im mistaken!)

Im curious to hear if others have done this. If there are any gotchas I need to watch out for etc...

Thanks

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HL caps shares in an ISA at £45 so the crossover point is £10,000. IWeb charges £0
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dllive said:
    Hi,

The reason why I want to do this is becuase HL charges 0.45% for holding shares, whereas T212 doesnt have a charge for holding shares. (unless Im mistaken!)

Im curious to hear if others have done this. If there are any gotchas I need to watch out for etc...

Thanks
    Does your T212 Isa allow in-specie transfers? It's a relatively new feature and not fully rolled out. Presently for me the app says that only cash transfers are enabled.

The other thing to check is that T212 and any other broker you're looking at offers the shares/funds you want to transfer.
  • dllive
    dllive Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    dllive said:
    Hi,

Thanks
    Does your T212 Isa allow in-specie transfers? It's a relatively new feature and not fully rolled out. Presently for me the app says that only cash transfers are enabled.

The other thing to check is that T212 and any other broker you're looking at offers the shares/funds you want to transfer.
    Thanks good point. Ive just checked and it says that full rollout will be 14th June. It also says that only whole shares can be transferred. Ill need to check my Hargreaves account and see if this might be an issue,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback