Universal credit new rates

Options
Hi, could anyone help me out with what date the new UC rates are paid?

My next payment is due 14th May and from what I had read thought I would be seeing the new rates, but have also seen people say the 15th is the first date. 

Comments

• Yamor
    Yamor Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should get the new rates.

The new rates are paid from the AP beginning on or after 8th April this year.

If you are paid on the 14th each month, it means your AP begins on the 8th, and therefore you will get the new rates for the payment you will get on 14th May.
  • jemima72
    jemima72 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yamor said:

If you are paid on the 14th each month, it means your AP begins on the 8th, and therefore you will get the new rates for the payment you will get on 14th May.
    Thank you. I thought this was the case but when trying to find out saw an article saying it will be assessment periods starting before the 8th April. This was the Sun though 🙄🤣
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jemima72 said:
    Yamor said:

Thank you. I thought this was the case but when trying to find out saw an article saying it will be assessment periods starting before the 8th April. This was the Sun though 🙄🤣
    I don't think anything more is needed to be said about that... 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback