Ebay only charging 30p per sale

Options
I sold 2 items yesterday and when I checked the order details I had only been charged the usual 30p fee, no FVF as such. I have sold 2 more items today on a different account and it's the same. One item was over £100 so even with the 80% offer it should have been £3.50 ish. Yesterdays sales have already been paid into my bank account. Any one else had this or am I privileged? No doubt ebay will want their fees back at some point!

Comments

• pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    did you opt in to the 80% & 70% offer? now that would be an interesting outcome :smile:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OOOH- my holiday settings are on but I did make a few sales yesterday from things I listed that morning on the 80% off offer , I'll go and check.

EDIT- no I paid the expected fees (80% off)

Transaction breakdown

Amount
    £37.85
    Total fees (includes VAT)
    -£0.48
    Net proceeds
    £37.37

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just me then! Yes I opted in the 80% offer on both accounts.Yet another glitch I presume.
  • HC
    HC Posts: 5 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was it a clothing item? They no longer have fees, other than for upgrades.

• steviebabes
    Options
    No, not clothing, I was charged the 30p 'regulatory operating fee' whereas there isn't any fee for clothing. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All I can say is well done, with any luck they won’t notice , I wonder if anything will show on your next sale.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Transaction breakdown

Amount
    £37.85
    Total fees (includes VAT)
    -£0.48
    Net proceeds
    £37.37

I don't understand this!  I think my brain has gone to sleep after the 100% offer.  How come you got charged 48p on sale of £37.85?  What percentage is that?  Shouldn't it be 20% of (12.8% x £37.85)?
  • steviebabes
    Options
    I have since sold 2 more items today and both have been charged fees of 30p. Hopefully this will carry on!
  • MR1988
    MR1988 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 May at 11:20PM
    Options
    Something definitely off! I sold 2 items as well. One I sold at £32 and have been charged £0.71 fees. Then I sold another one after at £37 and have been charged £0.30 in fees. I also have received this weekend both 80% off and 70% off offers, both on same account and can activate them separately.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Pierre_De_Grenoble Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was gonna ask about this... 80% offer listing but items sold have no fees at all. just like the recent two month thing..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback