cheaper water rates if you have incontience and use more water?

Options
Does the cheaper water rates also apply if one lives in supported living with 3 other people without IC? Can we get cheaper rates if a person in the home is incontinent?

Comments

• maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    My husband has been incontinent all his life and has never received any sort of help from any utility or Gov,t department. Our main expense is incontinence products obviously but electricity and water on top of that
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Does the cheaper water rates also apply if one lives in supported living with 3 other people without IC? Can we get cheaper rates if a person in the home is incontinent?
    Potentially, yes. Check your water authority website e.g.

https://www.southwestwater.co.uk/household/help-support/financial-support
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,443 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    As I recall there's a specific form our local water authority requires to be filled out to get a reduced rate if someone has incontinence or other health issues that require excess washing compare to average.  With us there's the knock on affect as there's 2 water bills, one for water use and another for sewage.  But the sewage one is based on the amount used so it's a double win here.  

There's also funding available for incontinence products which should be available via your surgery/IC nurse/Macmillans or similar.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I wasn't sure if it was called watersure everywhere but it appears it is

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/water/problems-with-paying-your-water-bill/watersure-scheme-help-with-paying-water-bills/

I also had forgotten this is something you can have if you are on benefits and have 3 children under 19
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 May at 2:45PM
    Options
    Potentially.... I think too hard for us to tell especially without knowing which water company you have...they all seem to operate differently on these schemes... best bet is to go to them directly as advised... they'll be used to dealing with a whole host of scenarios and may be able to help with application if necessary.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback