ESA Text help

Options
Phoned ESA yesterday to inform of a address change. Have just received a text today from ESA saying. I'm on contribution based support group. Can't phone them now untill Minday any idea why they have sent me this text?

We need to talk to you about your address, failure to call us will affect the regularity of your payments for your ESA. Please call us straight away on 08001690310.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It would be impossible to tell you why they want to speak to you, we can only guess and that’s not going to help. You will need to ring them on Tuesday because Monday is bank holiday and they are closed. 
  • pope
    pope Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anybody else received a text like this? I can't stop worrying plus the bank holiday in between can't phone till Tuesday.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Maybe they are just checking the address is correct. Again, as I advised it's just a guess. 
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    pope said:
    Has anybody else received a text like this? I can't stop worrying plus the bank holiday in between can't phone till Tuesday.
    Probably just verifying the address and possibly to ask if you have moved in with another person. But as others say could be nothing. 
  • pope
    Options
    marcia_ said:
    pope said:
    Probably just verifying the address and possibly to ask if you have moved in with another person. But as others say could be nothing. 
    Could be as they did ask me who also lives in the house I am moving to which I told them. I'm on contribution based ESA no rent liability and no council tax liability.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I see from previous threads you're claiming New style ESA so living with a partner will make no difference. 
  • pope
    Options
    I see from previous threads you're claiming New style ESA so living with a partner will make no difference. 
    This exactly what I am thinking when I did the application for ESA online it only asked for my information not anybody who lives with me. As you mentioned ESA New style makes no difference who lives with me. Very strange why I was asked on the phone who lives with me. The lady on the phone said she has to fill in a form Perhaps she thought I'm on income based ESA. 
  • pope
    Options
    Just to update you nice people phoned UC this morning they confirmed that the text was sent by mistake so just ignore. 

Thanks
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 May at 4:13PM
    Options
    UC?
    Everything else in this thread has been about ESA with no previous mention of UC.
  • pope
    Options
    Newcad said:
    UC?
    Everything else in this thread has been about ESA with no previous mention of UC.
    My typo error ESA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure