Will Payment go through?

Options
Will payment made by DWP by BACS I think go through into a account if the sort code and account number are correct but the name is Martin Lee but says M Lee?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pope said:
    Will payment made by DWP by BACS I think go through into a account if the sort code and account number are correct but the name is Martin Lee but says M Lee?
    Confirmation of Payee checks probably wouldn't have any issue with that but won't be applied here anyway, so a BACS payment will just rely on sort code and account number.
  • pope
    pope Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    pope said:
    Confirmation of Payee checks probably wouldn't have any issue with that but won't be applied here anyway, so a BACS payment will just rely on sort code and account number.
    So it should go through its comming from the DWP? I am worried 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pope said:
    eskbanker said:
    pope said:
    If they have the correct sort code and account number then the payment should reach the account even if the name was specified as Mickey Mouse!
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    pope said:
    eskbanker said:
    pope said:

As long as you have given the DWP a correct sort code and account number, the money will arive in the account with that sort code and account number, and there isn't a problem.

Minor differences in the spelling of the name of the account holder won't make a difference. But any attempts to scam the system, e.g.for example pretending that A. Millar is Arthur Millar whilst the account is actually Amanda Millar's account will no doubt sooner or later lead to criminal prosecution.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback