We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Advice - cleaning outdoor ceramic glass patio table.

Options
CB64
CB64 Posts: 26 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Need advice on cleaning an outdoor ceramic glass patio table. Its a dull ceramic - not shiny. Bought second hand in the box, can't remember seeing any stains when unboxing. Just uncovered table after winter and there is what appears to look like a water mark/stain on the table.  It won't come out with just hot soapy water (using washing up liquid) and I know you can't use anything abrasive on ceramic table tops.  Any idea what I can use that won't damage the table. 

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How about toothpaste?
    May sound daft, but it is used to remove "fogging" of car headlights

Of course test on underneath hidden part first
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd also go the other way and say vinegar cleans lots of things. 

If that doesn't do it, I've used t-cut (scratch remover for cars) on a ceramic hob before and it worked a treat. 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback