ECO4 complaint and rights

Options
mwnci11
mwnci11 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
Hi all
I've just had internal wall insulation done on my house through ECO4 Flex. The installer, a local contractor, turned up at my house with only a vague idea of a plan. He showed e the 'plan' he'd been sent by the ECO4 company, and it looked like a child's drawing. The process so far has been nightmarish, and I have serious concerns about the quality of the work. I think there's a good chance it will lead to condensation problems in the insulated walls, as the air barrier layer was only fitted loosely, is perforated in many places, and is not sealed at all around the edges. Carpet and textured wallpaper were left in place and plastered over / up to. There have been other serious failings too.

I intend to make a complaint, as the work doesn't conform to the relevant standards. But I'd like to know what rights I have to see the plans and moisture strategy for the job (if they exist, which I suspect they don't). Does anybody know if the company has to provide these documents if I request them?

I feel utterly deflated, and I think I'm going to regret applying - even though I'm getting a new boiler.
Many thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,206 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you apply under the ECO4 scheme you should be given a quote which you can choose to accept or reject.  This was the best time to examine the plans and specifications.  If you think the work is being done badly, maybe you can involve your local council, who are providing the funding?      
    Reed
  • mwnci11
    mwnci11 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    When you apply under the ECO4 scheme you should be given a quote which you can choose to accept or reject.  This was the best time to examine the plans and specifications.  If you think the work is being done badly, maybe you can involve your local council, who are providing the funding?      
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't given a quote, or anything written. I received a hurried phonecall telling me I was going to get internal wall insulation, cavity and loft, and a new boiler, and did I want to go ahead. And that the work would start three working days later. I was expecting some sort of contract or agreement, but none came. I've asked for one now.

I'll involve the local council, and the trade body the company's accredited with and ofgem if necessary.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback