IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement parking fine

Options
My husband parked near a restaurant who have recently contracted this firm. For some reason, he didn't think it applying to him. He was there for 30 mins, popping over to a nearby business.

Now we have fine - failed to obtain a permit in accordance with the notified terms.

Is there any way to fight this? Could someone help?

Comments

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Is there any way to fight this? Could someone help?

Yes.

Please read the Newbies/FAQ thread for the answer to your question.
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Now you have a parking charge notice, not a fine 

Private parking signs apply to any driver on these sites 

Post redacted pictures of both sides of the PCN and pictures of the signage on site too, so we can check the terms and conditions and look for any errors or failures 

I suspect that the PCN was correctly issued for fly parking and could be difficult to get out of, but need to see the paperwork and signs first 

People should look for on street parking, not private car parks

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Gr1pr said:

People should look for on street parking, not private car parks

Totally agree.

No idea why so many people look for a car park to park a car, as their first thought.  Usually having driven past umpteen free on street spaces to get there!

But:

I don't agree that a CEL parking charge is difficult to get out of, though.  Dead easy. Usually winnable at POPLA on signage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May at 11:08PM
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking, it would more likely hinge on signage and no landowner authority, not other topics , although if its a recent landowner contract to deter fly parking on their car park, then possibly only signage 

So not as easy as Smart or Apcoa or Horizon etc , who usually have a slam dunk topic

Sometimes, these drivers wounds are self inflicted, the days of just parking anyplace you like are long gone, vigilance and modified behaviour to account for modern changes should be followed 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree.     
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback