IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Subrogation

Options
Hi All, not sure if anyone has been in a similar situation and looking for any advice or suggestions.
I had a collision with a parked van as I was turning into a one way street. It was a minor incident as it was only the right side tail
light that broke. We exchange details and TP made a claim but my insurer cancelled my insurance as I was driving with a provisional license with no supervision. They then decided to cover the cost of the TP claim and that I will reimburse them after the repairs. Although, I was still paying for the cancelled policy. My insurer has sent me a bill of £1700 for the one broken tail light that had to repair/replace. They are threatening me with a 14 day notice to make full payment otherwise they will start court proceedings against me to recover this cost.
Any advice on what I could do as the cost seems extortionate.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Devongardener
    Devongardener Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Unfortunately you broke the terms of your insurance policy by driving unsupervised.  You could be prosecuted for both.   I don’t think you have any choice but to pay.
  • kipperman
    kipperman Posts: 245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 May at 7:28PM
    Options
    You are not in a position of any strength to argue over costs. The best you might be able to do is to come to an agreement to pay the sum off over a period of time.

In addition you are now in a whole world of pain over the cancelled policy - any new policy will ask whether you have had a policy cancelled, and you now have to say yes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback