IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

few PCN issued for entering Bus lane with confusing signage

Options
hello every one 
recently i received a few PCNs from the council for entering the Bus lane as i checked the photo i could not understand what i did wrong and i thought i was not in the bus lane unless there were signs that said different,
this is 2 photo i can find in the council website at the bottom and the faint signe says bus lane next to the line I am driving, I checked Google Earth on the 1st and 2nd photo from top and I see a different marking and i think its might be an old image of the road is there anything in this photo that i do not notice? and how i can challenge this.

this different road marking is there anyone who can help me to understand what i do not understand from this photo?

Comments

• Phoenix72
    Phoenix72 Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is the silver BMW your car - you may want to blank out the plate.

From what I can see in the photo that whole lane is a bus lane, tbe actual carriegway is to the right. Depends on signage before that point.
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The google images are from 2022 - can you go back and take photos that are uptodate?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,533 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As we major on private parking tickets here, Free Traffic Legal Advice (FTLA) forum will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there but please note that a Hotmail address may not work - try using a throwaway Gmail account instead if you do have trouble registering, and post a new thread; here's your link:

Read the sticky 'Read this first before posting your case' as well as reading through some of the other threads there ahead of posting your own details, to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate), as they need to see all the small print.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 May at 4:36PM
    Options
    Here's the start of that bus lane as it was in June 2022...

[click on the image to go to GSV]

In your opening post you asked for things you did not notice.
    I suggest this sign...
    [click on the image to go to GSV]
    ...might be something you missed.    ;)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,090 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But your GSV images don't look to be of the same place as the council images!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback