🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Shared Custody - Benefits

Options
2»

Comments

• KCJA1989
    KCJA1989 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Speaking to a couple of people today, unsure of some of the information, would like to see what anybody here thinks. 

If I claimed for one of the three children on my UC claim (assuming hypothetically they were living with me), my ex could still claim for the other two children on her claim. Also, she could claim both the Housing Element and Child Element on her claim, I could claim the same but only for the one on mine. Does this sound plausible? 

Thanks. 
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 May at 6:56PM
    Options
    Where are the children living, (actually rather than hypothetically) who claims child benefit and are you currently subject to the two child cap?
  • KCJA1989
    KCJA1989 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Currently, the children live with my ex and she claims the Child Benefit. We are subject to the two child cap. Everything is still getting worked out, I am just trying to get my head around the current benefits policy  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure