IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice from Smart Parking - please help

Options
Hi all, I’ve read through the Newbies post and other posts but remain confused as to what to do!  

Yesterday I received a parking charge notice from Smart Parking. It shows a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park - 20 mins.  The charge is £60 if paid within 14 days. 

The car park is next to a NHS hearing centre whose car park entrance is through the car park that my car has been photographed entering and leaving. 

I don’t believe, that this charge should be paid but don’t fancy my chances on appealing and I cannot have a ccj due to my work. 

Can anyone offer any advice please. I haven’t yet contacted anyone about this. 

Thanks in advance!! 

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 May at 10:25AM
    Options
    Plan A is always a complaint from the keeper to the landowner and keeper's MP.

Smart are easy to beat as long as the driver's identity is never revealed.
    Plan B is to appeal using the wording in this link by regular poster @Grizebeck.

Smart parking ticket — MoneySavingExpert Forum

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With guidance from here, as above, there is no chance of getting a CCJ 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mich309 said:
    Hi all, I’ve read through the Newbies post and other posts but remain confused as to what to do!  

Yesterday I received a parking charge notice from Smart Parking. It shows a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park - 20 mins.  The charge is £60 if paid within 14 days. 

The car park is next to a NHS hearing centre whose car park entrance is through the car park that my car has been photographed entering and leaving. 

I don’t believe, that this charge should be paid but don’t fancy my chances on appealing and I cannot have a ccj due to my work. 

Can anyone offer any advice please. I haven’t yet contacted anyone about this. 

Thanks in advance! 
    You could not ask for an easier one to win with a simple appeal from the registered keeper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mich309
    mich309 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all. I’ve appealed on their website using the wording provided and I’ve emailed the place whose car park was being used. Fingers crossed!!

many thanks. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure