IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Liverpool Airport stopping fine

Options
So I've read previous threads (which date back to 2015) and am concerned that things may have changed in the last 9 years. For a start, they sent me three pictures to identify me as a stopped vehicle in a red no stopping zone. Having appealed, they now say they have video confirming the length of my stop. I'm not sure what action to take next. The draft letter looks out of date and didn't fill me with confidence. I'm concerned that if I don't pay, greater costs will result. Should I hold my nerve? In reality, as I explained to them in my appeal, I was confused about where the short stay free parking was due to the signage. It took me a while to get my bearings and work out how to avoid going through a barrier I didn't want to go through! The back seat driving didn't help. But no one spotted the 'red zone' predicament we were in!!

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May at 11:22AM
    Options
    Do not identify the driver, even if they have photos, you have not been fined.
    Do not send a panicked, knee-jerk "appeal" make sure you know what you are dealing with
     If you have done the above, then calm down and dont panic, it will not be as easy to overturn this but it is possible and you will save  money in not paying these scum
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For a start, they sent me three pictures to identify me as a stopped vehicle in a red no stopping zone.
    No, that simply isn't true.

You have not been identified.
    You are not a 'stopped vehicle'.

They may well have sent you pictures of your vehicle stopped where they think it shouldn't have stopped, but there is absolutely no way that they have identified the driver.
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The only way they may have identified the driver is if you, the keeper, have dobbed yourself in the mire by identifying as the driver in your initial appeal. What EXACTLY did you put in your initial appeal?

Even if the video or photo has a very clear picture of the driver, how do you think they would know the identity of that person? They don't. You should only have appealed as the keeper. If you've already identified as the driver then you've got a mountain to climb to get this sorted.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 May at 5:29PM
    Options
    I'm concerned that if I don't pay, greater costs will result.
    Nope that doesn't happen. No-one pays VCS.

I don't know what old threads you have read but there is no appeal worth trying. But you will 99% certainly win in court.

Why not search the forum for

VCS AIRPORT STOPPING

And change the search to NEWEST, so you are reading recent other cases just like yours.

You won't be paying. No-one pays.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback