Seeking Printer Recommendation After Cancelling HP Monthly Plan

Options
justinjustice
justinjustice Posts: 24 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 1 May at 3:31PM in Techie Stuff
Hello Money Savers!

I find myself in a bit of a predicament. After recently unsubscribing from HP's monthly plan, my trusty HP OfficeJet printer has sadly become obsolete. Now, I'm on the hunt for a replacement that fits my needs without tying me into a subscription.

I'm in the market for a printer that offers:
- Duplex Printing
- Network Scan with a Scanner
- Good quality photo prints
- Photocopy capability
- Ability to print via email

This printer will be a workhorse for my family, handling everything from homework assignments to printing holiday snapshots.

I've set aside a budget of £200 and would appreciate any recommendations for printers that not only fit the bill but also come with affordable ink or toner options.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. My previous printer before the HP was an Epson, in case that helps with suggestions.
I would like to avoid HP!

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go canon from Amazon
  • mebu60
    mebu60 Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    After my ancient HP died I was unimpressed with their current offerings, eventually deciding on a Canon Pixma TS8350 which would seem to tick all your boxes and be well within budget. It also has individual ink cartridges so you only have to replace the one that's run out. I've been very happy with it so far.
  • mksysb
    mksysb Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had an Epson for years, very good printer, but it eventually died.  Got an HP which died after a couple of months.  Got a refund and invested in an Epson again.  Big mistake, the quality of the current Epsons is not a patch on the old ones.  It stopped feeding paper properly.  My son also bought an Epson around the same time.  His ink dried out and no amount of cleaning would make if run again.  So now after binning both Epsons we now have a Canon each.  Had it about a year and can't fault it.  So my advice is to go with Canon.
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got an Epson with refillable ink. It's very good.
  • jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't bother with an inkjet that tries to do everything. Get a laser printer and you won't regret it. I've had mine years without any problems. 
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello Money Savers!

I find myself in a bit of a predicament. After recently unsubscribing from HP's monthly plan, my trusty HP OfficeJet printer has sadly become obsolete. Now, I'm on the hunt for a replacement that fits my needs without tying me into a subscription.

I'm in the market for a printer that offers:
    - Duplex Printing
    - Network Scan with a Scanner
    - Good quality photo prints
    - Photocopy capability
    - Ability to print via email

This printer will be a workhorse for my family, handling everything from homework assignments to printing holiday snapshots.

I've set aside a budget of £200 and would appreciate any recommendations for printers that not only fit the bill but also come with affordable ink or toner options.

I would get a B&W laser printer with built in scanner.  The toner will last ages and there will be no issues with ink drying up and clogging things.  It will also print faster than an inkjet.  They work out cheaper per print than in inkjet.  I would get photos printed by a photo printing service as it will be higher quality and most likely work out cheaper than printing them yourself.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback