Outfox the market

Options
Rivers_mum
Rivers_mum Posts: 32 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 30 April at 5:37PM in Energy
On the mse comparison site they don’t give a service rating for Outfox the market. 
Based on actual readings they’re £30 a month cheaper than our SVR with Sainsbury’s for a 12 mth fix with no exit charges. Just wondering if they’re ok? Plus do they hassle you to get a smart meter? I can’t find it being a condition anywhere.
Thank you. 

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just signed up for them for similar reasons on price.  Helped by the fact that I could get a quote based on real numbers with OtM whereas Eon Next would only quote on numbers that they made up about my account (despite having access to nearly 2 years worth of readings)

And I've been told OtM don't current use smart meters so readings need to be submitted monthly. 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 April at 6:15PM
    Options
    I've been with OFTM in the past and recently moved back to them from Sainsbury's Energy.  There was a 'hiccup' with sorting out my 'new' account as the old one was still accessible.  A couple of emails and the new one was sorted.  Currently trying to 'upgrade/improve' my existing tariff and there's another hiccup but I'm sure it will be sorted soon.

I have a SMETs1 meter, so provide monthly readings - suits me fine!
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • Somebody
    Somebody Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was with OFTM for a good few years.  No gripes.  They don't hassle you for smart meters; the choice is down to you.  Even when  I chose to have smart meters installed, I did send monthly readings, from which they generated the monthly bills.  The readings were more for my monthly tracking of usage more than anything else.

I have since moved to Octopus, to make use of a referral bonus, as well as their Tracker tariff.
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We have been with OFTM for the last three years now. We have had no problems with them whatsoever.

Simple, easy to understand monthly billing. Customer services are easy to contact via email and very quick to respond. 

We fixed last month to their fixed rate tariff. By the time our next bill was published they had a slightly cheaper fixed rate tariff so they switched us to that one instead.
  • bob2302
    bob2302 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brie said:

And I've been told OtM don't current use smart meters so readings need to be submitted monthly. 
    They did when I was with them. 
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    bob2302 said:
    Brie said:

They did when I was with them. 
    They do now.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was with OFTM for 11 months and had no end of trouble due to moving from BG on a free electric tariff and the meter readings were screwed up because I was giving them the total reading and not the ACT 1 reading plus a separate ACT 2 reading for the free electric period, they only accepted the one reading. It took me 8 months to sort it out getting bills of over £800 in the first month when my usage was just £27 per month. It also took them 8 months minus a couple of days, to produce a final bill when I left them.
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure