Bitcoin and Gold

Options
unusual activity in the last week in that BOTH bitcoin and gold dropping in value. Anyne care to hazard a guess as to whats causing this? What should people be investing instead?

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do they always move in opposite directions? Are they negatively correlated? I don't think so
  • Kirkmain
    Kirkmain Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ColdIron said:
    Do they always move in opposite directions? Are they negatively correlated? I don't think so
    I thought they generally were negatively correlated
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What's unusual?

Gold is fluctuating as it normally does - its not particular volatile at the moment. BTC always has amplified ups and downs due to the nature of FOMO.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 April at 4:52PM
    Options
    Kirkmain said:
    unusual activity in the last week in that BOTH bitcoin and gold dropping in value. Anyne care to hazard a guess as to whats causing this? What should people be investing instead?
    What's unusual? Looks like they've had big runs up and now they've corrected a bit. Greater fool 'assets' are hard to value and will be particularly prone to this sort of thing.

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The UK Stockmarket is having a good time at the moment, perhaps people are selling both gold and btc to buy shares. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Kirkmain
    Kirkmain Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    Kirkmain said:
    What's unusual? Looks like they've had big runs up and now they've corrected a bit. Greater fool 'assets' are hard to value and will be particularly prone to this sort of thing.

do you mind sharing from software this is?
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Kirkmain said:
    wmb194 said:
    Kirkmain said:

do you mind sharing from software this is?
    It’s TradingView. The screenshot is from a browser but it also has an app.

https://www.tradingview.com/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure