Auto Home Insurance - Payment Declined

Options
Hi, After some Advice, had a home insurance policy that got renewed automatically which I didn't need. 

It seems they tried taking the payment from a old card. Got a email today saying my policy has been cancelled due to non payment. 

Will this cause my problems getting insurance in the future. I know when I go for quote it says have you ever had insurance cancelled or voided, do I now need to click yes to that.

I'm worried this confusion is going to cause my insurance to go all expensive.   

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,954 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    xmodz said:
    Hi, After some Advice, had a home insurance policy that got renewed automatically which I didn't need. 

It seems they tried taking the payment from a old card. Got a email today saying my policy has been cancelled due to non payment. 

Will this cause my problems getting insurance in the future. I know when I go for quote it says have you ever had insurance cancelled or voided, do I now need to click yes to that.

I'm worried this confusion is going to cause my insurance to go all expensive.   
    Yes you will have to click the yes button and state you had insurance cancelled for non-payment. 

Why didnt you respond to the other emails rather than just letting them cancel it for non-payment?
  • xmodz
    xmodz Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the original email saying my policy had been renewed, I didn't get any other email or physical letter stating there was a non payment, otherwise I would have sorted it out way back
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback