Has anyone claimed from MIB

Options
Hi All,

I apologise if this is the wrong board but I have a question, and cannot find much on googling.

To cut a long story short my car was hit and written off by an untraced driver last year, my insurance company appointed a solicitor and made a claim on my behalf. I have just received an offer from MIB but unsure if I should accept their first offer?

My solicitor has said it is a reasonable offer but understand they cant give any advice and if it could be biased as they are involved, I know they said with car insurance you shouldn't, as their offers are quite low to begin with but wonder if anyone has any experience with MIB and are they the same? 

thanks in advance

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,933 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All,

I apologise if this is the wrong board but I have a question, and cannot find much on googling.

To cut a long story short my car was hit and written off by an untraced driver last year, my insurance company appointed a solicitor and made a claim on my behalf. I have just received an offer from MIB but unsure if I should accept their first offer?

My solicitor has said it is a reasonable offer but understand they cant give any advice and if it could be biased as they are involved, I know they said with car insurance you shouldn't, as their offers are quite low to begin with but wonder if anyone has any experience with MIB and are they the same? 

thanks in advance
    Your solicitor is representing you and so can certainly give you advice but naturally they are experts in law not on what the value of secondhand cars are. 

If you think the offer is fair then accept it, if you dont think its fair tell your solicitor so and ask their advice on next steps. Did your solicitor instruct the engineer to inspect your vehicle or did the MIB arrange it?
  • besonders1
    besonders1 Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My insurance company wrote my car off. The claim from MIB was for whiplash
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,933 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    When was the accident? If its fairly recent then whiplash has become a tariff so no negotiation

• besonders1
    besonders1 Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi thanks for everyone whom replied and the information you gave me, I have decided that the offer is worthwhile and will accept. Much appreaciated thanks Will
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback