Uni finance advice needed

Options
My son Child trust fund has just matured and is plannyon using it for driving lessons so Transferring to his bank saving account to use as and when needed does he declare this in his application for uni finance ,first year at university? 

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,094 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My son Child trust fund has just matured and is plannyon using it for driving lessons so Transferring to his bank saving account to use as and when needed does he declare this in his application for uni finance ,first year at university? 
    If he is under 25, the assessment is made on income of the household he lives in. So parent(s)/ their partners income. If he is over 25 then it is his own income.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As above, the students savings / income does not get considered if they are under 25.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback